SMG Operations Supervisor in Hampton, Virginia
This is a full time working supervisory position supervising event set service and changeover and housekeeping tasks.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Working supervision of staff
- Oversee proper use and care of equipment
- Oversee collection of data from staff for department reports
- Supervises housekeeping tasks
- Supervises event changeovers
- Inspects work for proper execution
- Training staff
- Assists in set up, tear down and service of events
- Conducts interior and exterior rounds and reports unusual events
- Documents all notable events in security logs
- Check in and out keys, radios and other safety items
- Perform proper shift turnover to include pass down log review
- All other duties/responsibilities as assigned
This is a fast paced environment requiring repetitive motion and the lifting of up to one hundred pounds. May be exposure to extreme weather conditions.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- High school diploma or G.E.D
- 2-3 years supervisory experience preferred
- Must be able to speak, read, and write English fluently
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work some evenings, early morning, holidays, and weekends as required
- Familiarity with blueprints a plus
- Mechanical aptitude helpful
The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
Paula Scippio Hampton Roads Convention Center 1610 Coliseum Drive Hampton, VA 23666
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact 610-729-1023.
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled