Ukpeagvik Iñupiat Corporation/Bowhead Family of Companies Analyst I in Norfolk, Virginia
Full Time / Part-Time
JUNIOR ANALYST C80-18-0300-F)
Bowhead is seeking a Junior Analyst to support Naval Surface Warfare Center Carderock Division Detachment Norfolk (NSWCCDDN) located at Joint Expeditionary Base Little Creek-Fort Story.
Junior Analyst essentials functions incude:
• Provide administrative and office support activities for the Systems Integration and Design Branch within NSWC CDD Combatant Craft Division.
• Assist with the preparation and/or distribution of read-ahead materials and briefings for a wide-range of audiences at various military ranks and civilian levels.
• Advise and assist with the development and management of internal and external operational processes.
• Utilize Command internal systems to collect, analyze, and compile metrics for division and or branch reports.
• Track formal task items and reports status. Develop and maintain calendars and schedules. Develop, draft, write and edit reports, briefs, proposals, and other documents in support of branch requirements.
• Record and distribute meeting minutes. Maintain organization documentation, records, and files.
• Submit and track expense reports.
• Assist with the preparation of management plans and reports.
• Coordinate schedules to facilitate completion of deliverables, task order view, and briefings/presentations. Perform analysis, development, and review of command or program administrative operating procedures.
• Advanced technical training and minimum of six years of related experience may be substituted for the BA or BS degree.
• Three (3) years of experience supporting technical and program objectives by collecting data from readily available sources and reporting it in predetermined formats, including verification of adequacy/accuracy of information noting variations which may require
further investigation or effort.
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIRED: Must currently hold a security clearance at the Secret level. US Citizenship is a requirement for Secret clearance at this location.
Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug & alcohol screening and/or random drug screen, and must follow UIC’s Non-DOT Drug & Alcohol Testing Program requirements. If the position requires, an applicant must pass a pre-employment criminal background
history check. All post-secondary education listed on the applicant’s resume/application may be subject to verification.
Where driving may be required or where a rental car must be obtained for business travel purposes, applicants must have a valid driver license for this position and will be subject to verification. In addition, the applicant must pass an in-house, online, driving
course to be authorized to drive for company purposes.
UIC is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics EOE/AA/M/F/D/V. In furtherance, pursuant to The Alaska
Native Claims Settlement Act 43 U.S.C. Sec. 1601 et seq., and federal contractual requirements, UIC and its subsidiaries may legally grant certain preference in employment opportunities to UIC Shareholders and their Descendants, based on the provisions contained
within The Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act.
All candidates must apply online at www.uicalaska.com, and submit a completed application for all positions they wish to be considered. Once the employment application has been completed and submitted, any changes to the application after submission may not
be reviewed. Please contact a UIC HR Recruiter if you have made a significant change to your application. In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), persons unable to complete an online application should contact UIC Human Resources
for assistance (http://www.uicalaska.com/contact-us/human-resources/).
UIC Government Services (UICGS / Bowhead) provides innovative business solutions to federal and commercial customers in the areas of engineering, maintenance services, information technology, program support, logistics/base support, and procurement. Collectively,
the fast-growing Bowhead Family of Companies offers a breadth of services which are performed with a focus on quality results. Headquartered in Alexandria, VA, we are a fast-growing, multi-million-dollar corporation recognized as one of the top 25 8(a) companies
for government contracting.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
- The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure
is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41