Virginia State Government 01621-Social Work Supervisor in Williamsburg, Virginia
Eastern State Hospital, located in Williamsburg, Virginia, was founded in 1773, with a well-intentional emphasis on community focused mental health care. This state of the art campus, situated on 500 acres, consists of two patient care buildings with 300 patients, and a highly skilled staff of over 700. Eastern State Hospital is part of the Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental Services (DBHDS) system, and is accredited by the Joint Commission. ESH invites applicants for the position of Social Work Supervisor.
Reporting directly to the Social Work Manager, incumbent:
- Provides clinical social work services to adult mentally ill patients utilizing recovery principles with a goal of assisting patients to be successful in the least restrictive environment, consistent with their level of functioning.
- Provide supervision to social workers in a psychiatric hospital setting.
- Provide psychosocial assessment of all assigned cases.
- Provides counseling and education regarding discharge issues, community resources, and individualized recovery plans.
- Works to ensure best utilization of social workers to manage census; informs social work director of any discharge problems and assist with resolutions.
- Assist in development of comprehensive individualized recovery-based treatment plans.
- Attends court for TDO and recommitment hearings.
- Works collaboratively with all disciplines to monitor patient treatment and progress..
- Serves as a link between the team, community, family, and other agencies involved in each patient’s recovery.
- Is responsible for ongoing monitoring of documentation by all Social Work staff and addressing performance issues, as identified; identifies training needs and arranges with appropriate staff a procedure to meet requirements.
* Eastern State Hospital is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer, and prohibits discrimination of applicants and employees without regard to race, gender (including sexual harassment, sexual orientation, gender identity and pregnancy), color, national origin, religion, age, veteran’s status, political affiliation, or disability.*
- Master’s degree and Licensed Clinical Social Work (LCSW) credential required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of state and federal entitlement programs.
- Skilled in assessment, treatment planning and group facilitation.
- Demonstrated knowledge of recovery and person-centered principles and the ability to apply these principles in an inpatient setting.
- Demonstrated knowledge of community resources and ability to link services to meet patient needs.
- Comprehensive knowledge of social work practice, substance abuse and mental illness.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, and establish, maintain, and manage key functional relationships with internal/external colleagues, peers, and stakeholders.
- Demonstrated knowledge of community resources for the mentally ill.
- Must be able to operate a state vehicle, which requires a valid driver’s license.
- Experience supervising the work of others, setting performance standards, and providing performance feedback.
Candidates may show interest by submitting, in its entirety online, an application and all required application material. 2. Applicant is solely responsible for ensuring application and material thoroughly reflects their knowledge, skills, and abilities, as it relates to the advertised qualifications. 3. A complete application, including all previous employment, salary history, and education, for full consideration, must be received online by 11:59PM of the “Job Close Date” 4. Applicants who list “see resume” in lieu of completing the application may miss the opportunity for full consideration. 5. Eastern State Hospital conducts background checks on candidate(s) identified as finalist for employment. The type of background check(s) performed is dependent upon the type of position for which you have been identified as a finalist, which may include: criminal history, sex offender registry checks, reference checks, degree validation, driving records, license verification, credit history review. You will be required to sign an Authorization to release form.
DEPARTMENT OF HUMAN RESOURCES
FAXED APPLICATION MATERIAL IS NOT ACCEPTED.
EMAILED APPLICATION MATERIAL IS NOT ACCEPTED.
MAILED APPLICATION MATERIAL IS NOT ACCEPTED.
Working Title: 01621-Social Work Supervisor
Role Title: Counselor II - 49012
Job Open Date: 03/12/2018
Job Close Date: 03/23/2018
Open Until Filled: No
Is this position funded in whole or in part by the American Recovery & Reinvestment Act (Stimulus Package)?: No
Hiring Range: $42,000 - $60,000
Agency: Eastern State Hospital (704)
Location: Williamsburg - 830
Position Number: 01621
Job Posting Number: 1035436
Type of Recruitment: General Public - G
Does this position have telework options?: No
Bilingual/Multilingual Skill Requirement/Preference: No
Job Type: Full-Time (Salaried)
Job Type Detail: Full-Time Salaried - Non-Faculty- FTS-1
Pay Band: 04